Personal wallets are useful if you want to receive sats, but do not own a podcast.
- You are a guest on a podcast and want to receive part of a split
- Multiple people (podcast hosts) want to receive their split
How does it work?
- Find your personal value. Open Telegram, talk to @SatohisStreamBot and say /personalwallet . You will see your personal value.
- This value should end up in a value split. Someone should set key 7771777 to this value (in a split). This can be done on podcasterwallet by the feed owner, or manually by feed owners who can edit their feed.
- If people stream/boost sats, you will get it. Say /personalwallet again to view your balance. Fees apply as usual (4%). The amount you see has the fee subtracted already and can be withdrawn.
- If you send a Lightning Invoice to the bot of EXACTLY the balance, the bot will the sats to your Lightning wallet!
- TLV record 7771777 is used.
- The value is set to the hex encoded telegram user ID (without 0x).
- This means people who know your Telegram ID (and know how to translate that to hex) can add a split for you before you even talk to the bot.
- Payments received for the user before the user talked to the bot are registered and can be claimed by the telegram user
- Because the text is already hex encoded, this (also) means that there is some double encoding going on. That is expected.
No alerts, boostagram messages, exports or insights into payments. Those are for podcast owners only (who claim using the /claim command).
Personal wallets only have a balance which you can withdraw.